MyConferenceTime and SOPPA Compliance
Updated: October 6, 2021
MyConferenceTime addresses these requirements in the following ways:
- Not using collected data to provide targeted ads – MyConferenceTime does not serve any advertisements on the website.
- Not profiling students except in furtherance of school purposes – MyConferenceTime does not profile students, staff, parents, administrators or anyone using the website.
- Not selling or renting student information – MyConferenceTime does not sell or rent student information or any information.
- Not disclosing information unless required to by law or as part of the maintenance and development of its service – MyConferenceTime does not disclose information unless required to by law or as part of the maintenance and development of its service
- Using sound security practices – MyConferenceTime uses password-protected pages and token security to protect student and staff information. Sound security practices are instituted to keep the servers and databases protected. These practices include, but are not limited to, firewalls, limited employee access, password protection, encryption, updated servers, and air-gapped backups.
- Deleting student data when requested by the school or district – MyConferenceTime deletes student data when requested by the school, district or parent.
- Entered into a written agreement with the school district – MyConferenceTime will enter into a written agreement with a school district if requested and is agreeable to both parties (MyConferenceTime/FislerData, LLC and the district).