How To Cancel A Conference
This information is to help parents cancel a parent-teacher conference. Schools should see our instructions for schools configuring cancellation dates.
How to cancel your conference online:
- You, the parent, must have the confirmation email that was sent to you when you signed up for a conference. In that email, there is a link to view details about the conference.
- After you click on the “view details” link, you will be taken to a webpage that shows you the details of your conference. Locate the dark button that says “Click to Remove [student name] and Make Conference Available to Others.”
- When you click on the button, you will be asked to confirm that you want to cancel your conference. Answering positively will remove you from the conference time slot.
- I have my confirmation email, I clicked on the “view details” link, but there is not a button to “Click to Remove…”
- Either your school never enabled this feature, or you are past the date/time that your school permits online cancellations. You will need to contact the school/teacher to cancel.
- I received a confirmation email but can’t find it.
- Use our lookup tool
- I didn’t receive a confirmation email because I didn’t enter an email address.
- You will need to contact the school/teacher to cancel
- I didn’t receive a confirmation email but I did enter an email address.
- If it was the correct email address, you can use our lookup tool
- If it was the wrong email address (don’t feel bad – it happens dozens of times a day on our site), you will need to contact the school/teacher to cancel.